The 22 Dec saw us hosting our Christmas Extravaganza, working with four churches and Children’s Services we were able to provide Christmas lunch and a goody bag for 80 families in need.
Each goody bag contained, snacks, drinks, Christmas puds and brandy sauce, biscuits and a host of other treats. The Christmas dinner included a gammon joint and selection of vegetables.
A huge thank you to New Century Foods who donated the huge horseshoe gammon’s paid for by funds raised by their staff. Special thanks to Colin Steele who co-ordinated this for us.
Staff also donated 34 fresh turkeys to give to local families for a Christmas dinner. These turkeys were given out to routine foodbank clients and the spares passed to the Forge project to help with their Christmas festivities.
Other thanks (in no particular order) go to
- Kirton School and ONGO who donated the chocolate selection boxes
- Phil Johnson who ran the Great North Run to raise money toward the Extravaganza
- Cook n Co who donated 80 bags of potatoes and sourced the rest of the vegetables for us
- The Action Station who organised a fun walk to raise money for goodies used in the hamper bags
- Bottesford Baptist Church coffee morning attendees who raised over £600 to help us
- St Georges Church for supplying endless Christmas crackers and other things
- Graham and family for supplying and baking 80 plum loaves
- Bottesford and Scunthorpe Baptist Churches, the Church Army and St George’s, Crosby for hosting the events
- Helen Keneally and the staff of Children’s Services for working hard to make sure that the hampers were allocated to those in need
- Barnetby Youth Group and other individuals who put together Christmas Eve bags for each family
- Viking FM Cash for Kids for donating 80 family games
- Nic Dakin our local MP who is a much valued supporter of Scunthorpe Foodbank who came to meet the families (and Santa)
- A bunch of amazing volunteers who gave their time to sort the food, set up the venues and served at the four venues.
Thank you to everyone who donated so generously, we really appreciate the time and effort it takes to do so.
Just a small section of the people who helped us make our Extravaganza such a success